Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

The Great SrH : (03 February 2018 - 11:50 PM) Haha yeah I couldn’t delete that one
Jeff : (03 February 2018 - 06:52 AM) I guess that's a bot but I can't figure out what the end game there is. Like what a cool bot.
Jeremy : (03 February 2018 - 05:22 AM) Couldn't help but notice the best thread in board history... still there #BabyMonkey
The Great SrH : (02 February 2018 - 11:28 PM) I’ve disabled registrations and deleted loads of stuff
Jeff : (01 February 2018 - 06:39 AM) Baby monkey thread is legitimately a good thread. 10/10
Jeremy : (01 February 2018 - 02:04 AM) I had a bit of a hiccup, but so minimal that I honestly don't remember when it happened. *Shrug*
KingOfMyWorld : (31 January 2018 - 05:17 AM) I got an offer to sub the day before for only 99 cents and it would be good for 3 months at that price... how could I not get it and watch? It just annoys me that 3 years into this and their servers still suck so bad that my streams stutter even on a 75/20 internet plan.
Jeremy : (29 January 2018 - 05:44 AM) YALL WATCH THE RUMBLE?! *Not spoiling it* I resubbed WWENet to watch and prob will hold until May, then drop back off :D
Jeremy : (29 January 2018 - 05:44 AM) I would very much support this. Logistically, no idea. But that format would be lovely imo.
The Great SrH : (26 January 2018 - 11:02 PM) I’m thinking something a little more basic kinda like reddit? And more mobile friendly
KingOfMyWorld : (25 January 2018 - 11:26 PM) :afoot: #XFL2020
KingOfMyWorld : (24 January 2018 - 06:39 PM) Baby monkey A+, subscribe and repost F, TTP Wrestling A, RR Pool B- as all I have the next 2 weeks is $8 amazon credit... site format change, to what...
Jeremy : (22 January 2018 - 02:50 PM) :lol: * <_<
Jeremy : (22 January 2018 - 02:50 PM) That doesn't seem ideal :lmao:
Jeremy : (22 January 2018 - 02:50 PM) Any interest i nRR pool? 2/3/5/6 participants $5-10 each or something?
Turn_The_Page : (22 January 2018 - 03:02 AM) btw guys wrestling is going really well. A guy gave a drop toe-hold to another guy into my crotch last night and I took a death valley driver for the pin. #under4life
Turn_The_Page : (22 January 2018 - 03:01 AM) A+ thread
KCC : (22 January 2018 - 01:44 AM) The baby monkey thread is legit rlly good
The Great SrH : (15 January 2018 - 10:38 PM) Hmm I could look at changing the site to a different format? Seems like we’re bugged with guests again
KCC : (06 January 2018 - 08:27 PM) Is Jeff still Normiebook famous? One day I'll make the leap and get an account. Was waiting til I hit 30

Photo
- - - - -

TNA is DOOMED 2017 Edition (TNA|IMPACT Dies, GFW Dropped? El Patron Out? Jarrett Indefinitely Gone)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

Anthem Sports & Entertainment Forms Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC, Acquires Control of IMPACT Wrestling

Toronto, Canada (January 4, 2017) – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a majority interest in TNA IMPACT Wrestling, and has formed Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC. Anthem also owns Fight Network, the world’s premier 24/7 multi-platform channel dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, which is IMPACT Wrestling’s exclusive broadcast partner in Canada and worldwide digital partner.

“We are thrilled to have acquired TNA IMPACT Wrestling,” said Ed Nordholm, Executive Vice President of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., the parent of Fight Network. “As we grow Anthem’s linear, digital and mobile platforms globally, top tier content with global appeal is key to that success and this acquisition is a perfect strategic addition to our portfolio. IMPACT has been a dominant wrestling brand around the world for more than a decade and we are confident that Anthem can leverage its assets and strategic partnerships to take IMPACT Wrestling to even greater heights.”

Mr. Nordholm, who has been the managing director of the IMPACT Ventures Board of Managers since October 2016, will assume the position of President of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC. Dixie Carter will resign from her position as Chairman of Impact Ventures and join the Advisory Board of Fight Media Group, which holds all of the combat sports-related assets of Anthem, where her focus will be on the global growth of the combat sports-related brands owned by Anthem.

I think at this point they should switch the name, it looks like it might be possible with them dumping TNA/IMPACT Ventures and forming Anthem Wrestling. 

#2 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

They need a better website...get Joey Styles on the case haha

#3 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

They need to do something, but don't be like WWE, it's busy and too video focused. 

Details on TNA being officially acquired by Anthem Media on Wednesday. The site notes that Anthem’s Ed Nordholm, who is now in complete control of TNA, is expected to address the roster tomorrow before the Impact taping that is set. TNA has already secured additional dates from March 2nd through the 9th at Universal Studios in Orlando for the next set of TV tapings.

The site adds that internally, Dixie Carter’s move to the Anthem advisory board and status as a minority equity shareholder is seen as her being “done” as far as being the point person in any real capacity goes. John Gaburick will be heading production at the TV tapings this week and Aroluxe will be working on the production end, though it is not confirmed whether Aroluxe ended up with a minority stake as originally intended.

The current plan is to “get through” this week and produce the twelve episodes of Impact they have planned at the tapings. Afterward they can begin to figure out how to move forward from here. There have been rumblings of Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantell possibly coming in, but nothing is confirmed. Jarrett was seen in Florida over the past few days, but that was for a family vacation.

When we last left the matter of American Express’s lawsuit against TNA a month ago, the hearing in the case to determine if the credit card company would win by default was delayed a few weeks. With TNA never having officially recognized the lawsuit in any way, it was only natural that American Express would move for a default judgment which is standard when the defendant never acknowledges the case. It turns out that the judge issued a decision on December 22nd, but it wasn’t filed with the online court system until Tuesday. As expected, TNA lost the default judgment, and is now officially on the hook for $269,049.50 through the court system.

American Express had first sued TNA back in July, but the case didn’t get any press until October, when everyone started searching public records databases for TNA-related cases. The vast majority of the unpaid bill was incurred by Shane Emerson, TNA’s Director of International Content Distribution and Live Events.  The account was closed in May, but American Express did not submit any documentation to indicate how long TNA had been delinquent up to that point. TNA travel was being charged to the personal cards of employees after the corporate accounts were cancelled.

#4 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantel (Zeb Coulter) are back... 

Anthem Media has come to terms for Jeff Jarrett to return to TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed.   We are told that Jarrett will be at this week's TV tapings, as will his wife Karen Jarrett. 

Jarrett, one of the original founders of TNA alongside his father Jerry Jarrett, resigned his position from the company in December 2013.  At the time, Jarrett held the position of Executive Vice President of Development/Original Programming and his departure was seen as a huge shock at the time.

Jarrett would go on to form Global Force Wrestling while still a minority shareholder in TNA, which was seen as an embarrassment to TNA at the time.  There was such an anger about that from Carter's end, that, at the time TNA brought back the six-sided ring, numerous sources told PWInsider.com that it was done because Carter felt Jarrett would do it within GFW, so it was TNA's way of cutting him off at the pass. 

As it turned out, Jarrett was brought back in 2014 as part of a deal that saw him inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame on camera while behind the scenes, Dixie Carter acquired his shares in the company, giving her, at the time 100% ownership.  It was a deal that was done so that Carter had complete control and could attempt to find new partners without Jarrett's potential interference, something that led TNA down the road to Aroluxe, Billy Corgan and finally Anthem Media.

Only, Anthem decided to turn to Jarrett.

The re-emergence of Jarrett was pointed to this morning as a sign that Carter was completely out in terms of decision-making as the pair had at times, split the loyalty within the company between their two sides and had a number of falling outs over the years, including a time period where Jarrett took time off from the company after it became public knowledge he was dating his now wife Karen (who had previously been married to Kurt Angle, at the time the top star in TNA).  During that time away, Carter let go of Jarrett's entire support staff at the time, including Dutch Mantel, Savio Vega, Jim Cornette and Brian "Roaddogg" James.  

"There is no way [Carter] would have allowed Jeff to return," said one source who spoke under condition of anonymity this morning.  "This is proof that she is done."

The return of Jarrett makes him something of a Steve Jobs figure within TNA as like Jobs, Jarrett was forced out/walked away from something he created, only for that same entity to reach out seeking his assistance in righting it down the line.  Anthem reached out to Jarrett last month and held a number of meetings with him as they did their due diligence prior to officially announcing yesterday that they had acquired Impact Wrestling.

We are also told that Dutch Mantel is already in Orlando and is expected at this week's tapings, which certainly lends credence to the idea that Jarrett will be helping behind the scenes in terms of creative as Mantel was always one of his top lieutenants in that regard in the past.  After being let go by TNA, Mantel, considered a great mind for the business, had a run with WWE as Zeb Colter.

We are also told that this does not mean the end of Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling promotion, which has been working to establish a TV deal in conjunction with "American Ninja Warrior" production company A. Smith & Co. Productions in Los Angeles.  Sources indicate that whatever Jarrett is doing with TNA, it will not impede any potential GFW business moving forward.

#5 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

C1ht6PGXgAI-bLP.jpg

#6 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:21 AM

idk how many more second chances i can give this company before i give up.  i feel like we go through this every year.

#7 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

I can't handle the commentary team they have, I hate them both, and quit watching. But, I'm optimistic that Anthem is coming in to do good with them, although they want to be like Lucha Underground, mostly TV, and LU is losing major money.

#8 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:39 PM

FYI, TNA is doomed, Anthem has begun to slowly phase out the initials, removing them from twitter, the website as much as possible and all logos. The real question is do they rename the titles, and to what.

#9 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

Saw a joke on Reddit that said Anthem backwards is "Meh TNA" lmaoooo

I can't watch, like you said, because of Josh Matthews & The Pope.  I've tried. Really, really tried.

#10 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:35 AM

They posted a video to YouTube today talking about big deals on merch and at the end Don West appears and says "I'm back." I mean if we can dump Pope and Matthews and get Tenay and West back, I'd be so happy.

Saw a joke on Reddit that said Anthem backwards is "Meh TNA" lmaoooo

:yes2:

#11 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

The more things change the more they stay the same... 

Drew Galloway has opted not to sign a new contract, The Hardy Boys have decided not to sign a new contract, Mike Bennett and Maria have decided not to sign a contract. 

I can only assume the majority of them have a problem with Anthem's contracts stating that Anthem gets to choose their indy dates and earns 10% of the booking fee. On top of that, it seems at least with the Hardy's they were told the creative control was going out the window and that TNA believes they have a claim to the Broken Hardy character. 

The Hardy's offered to come in and do business on a one-off agreement to drop the Tag Belts but Anthem is dead set against allowing non-contracted talent to appear. Reby's twitter basically says Anthem was unprofessional in the handling of the contract situation. 

Also, the TNA pay dates are being changed, the way they were working is that on days they taped four episodes they got paid four times, now Anthem is paying per taping day, not per episode. 

TNA has brought in Jeff Jarrett who brought in Zeb Coulter and Scott D'amore and all of Dixie's people are gone from creative. Jarrett is supposedly not a big fan of the Broken stuff or 50|50 booking. It's believed that Karen Jarrett will become an on-screen character soon. 

Anthem are looking to turn any kind of profit and do house shows later in the year. TNA is expected to be dropped sooner rather than later and it's possible as rumors say new titles are coming to reflect that. GFW name being used is in some rumors but I doubt that. 

EDIT: Add another name to the list of releases... Jade's contract was allowed to expire. 

#12 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

TNA name is now dropped and officially known as Impact Wrestling.

Scott D'Amore posted about an agreement he made in Japan but called himself Vice President....

#13 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

I'm interested to see what happens with the legal threats on the Hardy's and company, it seems really shortsighted no matter who's right in this case for Anthem to go after an internet darling act when they want and need those internet fans to prop their business back up. 

For what it's worth standard contracts in all business almost always come with those anything you come up with while working here is our intellectual property. 

Some good news for TNA is they were picked up by ITV in the UK. Something they really needed. 

#14 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

Anthem and Impact Wrestling today announced TNA is dead, Impact Wrestling is dead and Jeff Jarrett gets the last laugh by using a reverse merger of the company with Global Force Wrestling and the company will use the GFW name going forward. 

In a move designed to distance itself from the financial struggles and legal drama that hung over its brand, Anthem Sports announced last week it has purchased Nashville-based Global Force Wrestling.

The move signals the end of TNA, the professional wrestling league that once served as home to legends Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair and as a launching pad for future stars A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe.

Anthem Sports, the Canadian company that also owns the Fight Network, will rebrand its wrestling league as GFW and Nashville native Jeff Jarrett will helm the creative aspects of the promotion. Its staple weekly program on Pop TV will continue to be called “Impact.”

The rebranding comes almost 15 years to the day that Jarrett and his father Jerry Jarrett launched TNA. The wrestling promotion ended up under the control of Dixie Carter, endured a turnstile of cable television partners and garnered negative headlines for unpaid bills, unpaid talent and state tax liens.

A lot more story with that at The Tennessean.

#15 Turn_The_Page

Turn_The_Page

I CREATED WAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

well, i'll be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users