Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:11 AM) How bout them Golden Knights indeed :) Be well yall!
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:10 AM) Guys hiiii
Jeff : (29 July 2018 - 03:11 AM) Howdy
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....
KingOfMyWorld : (22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM) Doesn't Xenforo have a license higher than IPB? I think it did at one time.
Philip C. : (22 March 2018 - 01:16 PM) SrH would you consider changing from ipb to xenforo?
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) Why is there a d-bry gif when it doesn't work and just shows a yes smilie. <_<
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) So... :yes2:
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:31 AM) (Sadly, I couldn't get to the ROH 16 show!)
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:28 AM) Sunday night I went to FSW The Mecca II... awesome card! https://www.facebook...50122191694376/ Notable: Raven and Tommy Dreamer vs Disco Inferno and Eli Drake (Shaun Ricker was an FSW guy for years before he was in TNA as Eli Drake), Rocky Romero and JUSHIN FUCKIN LIGER vs dudes. Moose again, Kenny King vs Scorpio Sky vs , Teddy Hart vs Joey Janella, oVe on the card... good, good stuff!
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:18 AM) Guys! I attended my first indy shows ever (2 in the last month)! Our local promotion FSW. In January the big names outside LV that were there: Alberto El Patron vs Moose (aired on TNA) Sami Callahan had a match, and Kenny King had a match (he's from LV and was originally in FSW years ago, is a regular still). https://www.facebook...75925916181875/
The Great SrH : (03 February 2018 - 11:50 PM) Haha yeah I couldn’t delete that one

Photo
- - - - -

Mike Goldberg leaving UFC...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:16 AM

Longtime UFC play-by-play announcer Mike Goldberg will be leaving the promotion after UFC 207.

It was originally announced by Entimports and later confirmed by Luke Thomas that Mike Goldberg and the UFC will be parting ways following Friday’s event. The UFC has yet to make an official announcement on the matter. We will update as soon as we have more information.

Goldberg began working for the UFC in 1997. His skills were so desired that the WWE tried to get sign him up to work for their RAW television program. He has done play-by-play for the Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, and ESPN2.

Goldberg’s NFL debut was October 12, 2014. His error-filled NFL stint lasted exactly one game. He was also a Chicago Bulls sideline reporter during the Jordan years. He also has extensive collegiate basketball and football experience.

Given his resume, it’s safe to assume that Goldberg will land somewhere rather quickly. He’s probably negotiating several offers right now.

As for what the UFC will do without their staple commentator, it can be assumed that Goldberg will be replaced in the interim by Jon Anik, who handles FOX Sports 1 cards. Rumors have been circulating that the new ownership is looking for a more vanilla commentator like Jim Rome or Mario Lopez, but that is not confirmed.

One of the most experienced MMA play-by-play announcers, Mauro Ranallo, is currently serving as an announcer for WWE and will likely not be considered a candidate. Michael Schiavello also has loads of experience in the play-by-play role and has that seat in many promotions at the moment. Having “The Voice” become the voice of the UFC would please many hardcore fans.

For now, let’s all enjoy the classic “Here we go!” and “It is all over!” calls on Friday, because it is the last time we’ll hear them.

Anybody think WWE will make a play for him again? I remember way back when WWE tried to hire him and asked him to no-show the UFC event and show up unannounced on Monday. 

#2 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

Jim Ross is apparently taking his place isn't he?

#3 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

Job did go to a former WWE announcer, but not JR...

Former WWE announcer turned ESPN broadcaster Todd Grisham will debut for The Ultimate Fighting Championship with the next UFC Fight Night broadcast on FOX Sports 1.

Grisham's name has been bouncing around as a potential broadcaster for the MMA flagship since Mike Goldberg departed the company last weekend (and on a side note, it was a pretty sad move that UFC didn't allow Goldberg to give any farewell comments).

Grisham, 40, worked for WWE from 2004-2011 in different roles, including being the lead announcer for the WWE Smackdown, WWE NXT, Sunday Night Heat and the WWE version of ECW.  He left the company for ESPN in 2011, where he has hosted Friday Night Fights and worked as a Sportcenter anchor.

Grisham changed his Twitter handle today to @GrishamMMA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users