Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Jeff : (21 October 2019 - 11:08 am) I'm late but I can confirm it was. TJ was one of my very best online friends, we stayed really close after this thing kinda fell apart. Really good guy. Such a shame. If you're hurting, don't hesitate to reach out to someone.
The Great SrH : (12 July 2019 - 12:23 pm) Ahh sorry - we think it was suicide!
DxWo : (08 July 2019 - 01:30 am) Hey SrH, no Phenomenal TJ, the one who committed suicide .. what did he do? :(
The Great SrH : (07 July 2019 - 09:31 pm) Hey guys! Dx, I think you’re thinking Tj Da Dj?
DxWo : (01 July 2019 - 09:48 pm) LMD how did TJ go? :(
DxWo : (28 June 2019 - 02:41 am) Wow this place is still here? :)
KCC : (18 June 2019 - 02:24 am) Phenomenal TJ? I probably hadn't spoken to him in like 7 or 8 years at this point. What a fucking shame :(
Jeremy : (09 June 2019 - 03:41 pm) Oh wow... that's terrible. He was one of those guys who I didn't interface too much with, but I always knew who he was. Tough to take news like that. Hope you lot are well, really do
LMD : (08 June 2019 - 07:31 am) Yeah, it was suicide. There were 2 posts around the day of talking about it and how he did it. Lots of people talking about his mental health issues and depression. Admittedly, he and I had a falling out years ago so I hadn't really spoken to him, so no idea what he was going through nor could I even begin to guess. :\
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) News*
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) Oh shit that’s sad. I looked him up and had a read through. Looked like he was struggling with mental health so my guess is suicide. Awful need tho!
Jeremy : (02 June 2019 - 03:34 pm) I don't know exactly, but his facebook page is now a "Remembering" page. No other context that I see, but it includes a disclaimer/notice from Facebook at the top of the page about his page being a memorialized account :(
The Great SrH : (31 May 2019 - 08:41 pm) What happened?
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:22 am) :( :( :( I just looked on Facebook... do we know what happened? :wub: yall
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:18 am) Wait... no I didn't see :( Dare I ask?
LMD : (09 May 2019 - 05:14 am) So uh, you guys see the news about TJ? Rough stuff. Just wanted to pop in and tell you I :wub: you guys. (Well at least most of you. :shifty:)
Jeremy : (25 April 2019 - 03:02 am) Just don't change the URL :lol:
Philip C. : (28 January 2019 - 06:00 pm) If we reboot want xenforo licence I no longer use? Going for free ��
Jeremy : (17 December 2018 - 11:55 pm) :wub: :wub:
The Great SrH : (15 December 2018 - 07:01 pm) <3

Photo
- - - - -

Hulu Begins Transition to Pay | Subscription Only Service

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:18 pm

Hulu is moving to an all-subscription model, eliminating the ad-supported service that has let users watch thousands of TV episodes in the nine years since it first launched.

At the same time, Hulu has expanded its distribution deal with Yahoo, which is launching Yahoo View, a new ad-supported TV-streaming site with the five most recent episodes of shows from ABC, NBC and Fox — eight days after original air date — as well as other network shows, day-after clips, and full seasons of anime and Korean drama series. The free Hulu service will be phased out over the next few weeks.

The moves come less than a week after Time Warner announced that it is paying $583 million to take a 10% stake in Hulu, joining existing owners Disney, 21st Century Fox and Comcast.

“For the past couple years, we’ve been focused on building a subscription service that provides the deepest, most personalized content experience possible to our viewers,” Hulu senior VP and head of experience Ben Smith said in a statement. “As we have continued to enhance that offering with new originals, exclusive acquisitions, and movies, the free service became very limited and no longer aligned with the Hulu experience or content strategy.”

Hulu is focusing on subscriptions as it looks to ratchet up its competition with Netflix and Amazon Prime, its two key SVOD rivals. Hulu offers two subscription plans: $7.99 per month with commercials, and $11.99 per month without any ads.

Quite frankly, Fuck that... I'll pass on Hulu forever, mostly thanks to their 480p video and 4k ads. 

#2 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:26 am

$7.99/mo with ads....any payment should be for no ads!

#3 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:23 pm

Sadly the future is looking bad for streaming services from where I sit. CBS, ABC, and CW now have streaming services and some of them are pulling shows from Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu to try and boost their numbers. When you have 40 streaming services for $10 each you are right back to fucking cable. 

#4 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:13 pm

Sadly the future is looking bad for streaming services from where I sit. CBS, ABC, and CW now have streaming services and some of them are pulling shows from Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu to try and boost their numbers. When you have 40 streaming services for $10 each you are right back to fucking cable. 

At least Cable you can pay for specific packages and have everything in one place.

Can you imagine the future of needing to remember which app has which show? You'll spend just as much time flipping through your apps to find the show as you will to actually watch the show. :panda:

Posted Image

#5 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:39 am

My favorite about that is an NBC study found that fans won't watch a show that has been on TV for a while unless they can see it from the beginning. They also found people aren't starting new shows because they don't want a one season or half season flop to take up their time and that season cliffhangers are horrible because more than half the time you don't get a real finish as they are canceled. NBC's response... well we can't fix that. 

The research says 75 percent of viewers surveyed say they’d watch more primetime broadcast TV if networks made it easier to catch up to the current season by making all past episodes available online or on demand. And 72 percent of the survey said they were likely to start watching a returning TV series in the fall on broadcast if they have access to all past episodes. Well, those are sort of the same points, but that’s what these PowerPoint presentations are like. Just be thankful we’re not detailing all of NBC’s research about slowing DVR penetration rates as well.  

“This is what people want,” Wurtzel says of the new data showing people want to watch stories in a coherent narrative order. 

#6 Turn_The_Page

Turn_The_Page

I CREATED WAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:40 pm

All of these a la carte services and remembering which shows are on which app is so frustrating. You guys hit the nail on the head. 

#7 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:31 pm

There's going to be real money in an ad-based phone app that you type in a show or movie name and it tells you what app has it just to save people that time.  Somebody is going to make a billion dollars and I'm going to kick myself for not developing something like that.

#8 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:46 pm

There's going to be real money in an ad-based phone app that you type in a show or movie name and it tells you what app has it just to save people that time.  Somebody is going to make a billion dollars and I'm going to kick myself for not developing something like that.

This is America, draw up some markup images and submit that shit to the Patent office asap, then you can be a patent troll and say bitch pay up. 

#9 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:34 am

My favorite about that is an NBC study found that fans won't watch a show that has been on TV for a while unless they can see it from the beginning. They also found people aren't starting new shows because they don't want a one season or half season flop to take up their time and that season cliffhangers are horrible because more than half the time you don't get a real finish as they are canceled. NBC's response... well we can't fix that. 

The research says 75 percent of viewers surveyed say they’d watch more primetime broadcast TV if networks made it easier to catch up to the current season by making all past episodes available online or on demand. And 72 percent of the survey said they were likely to start watching a returning TV series in the fall on broadcast if they have access to all past episodes. Well, those are sort of the same points, but that’s what these PowerPoint presentations are like. Just be thankful we’re not detailing all of NBC’s research about slowing DVR penetration rates as well.  

“This is what people want,” Wurtzel says of the new data showing people want to watch stories in a coherent narrative order. 

So fucking true. I'm so hesitant to start a show because so many of my favorites have been canceled on cliff hangers. <_<

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users