Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

The Great SrH : (20 September 2018 - 08:50 PM) For some reason i still pay for it haha. I may have some time for a tidy up soon
KingOfMyWorld : (20 September 2018 - 07:24 AM) We fought the spambots for a while, they just became more and more numerous, it was like deleting their shit told them somebody was here to see their shit and they sent more bots...
Jeff : (19 September 2018 - 08:07 AM) It's possible but I never check in anymore becuase nothing's popping. The board itself would have to be cleaned up big time.
Philip C. : (04 September 2018 - 09:30 PM) Do you reckon we could get this place active again?
KingOfMyWorld : (19 August 2018 - 01:47 AM) The internet is just weird without these boards... Facebook and the like just aren't the same...
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:11 AM) How bout them Golden Knights indeed :) Be well yall!
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:10 AM) Guys hiiii
Jeff : (29 July 2018 - 03:11 AM) Howdy
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....
KingOfMyWorld : (22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM) Doesn't Xenforo have a license higher than IPB? I think it did at one time.
Philip C. : (22 March 2018 - 01:16 PM) SrH would you consider changing from ipb to xenforo?
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) Why is there a d-bry gif when it doesn't work and just shows a yes smilie. <_<

Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo NX

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

So I don't know if anybody plays a tons of console games these days.... I don't really, but I do own a Wii U and occasionally play it. I listen to a pretty good chunk of IGN podcasts and tend to keep up with what's happening in gaming, specially with Sony and Nintendo systems.

Nintendo has fallen really far behind and are looking at a mid 2016-mid 2017 release for their next home console, currently Nintendo NX. It is expected to be the launching a reworked version of their rewards program. Lot of speculation about what their meeting current standards in video games, primarily with interconnecting devices, unifying the handheld and console systems they have on the market, approaching more traditional controllers and game peripherals so that third parties are more likely to port to Nintendo, and even to prefer Nintendo.

Possibly the biggest thing Nintendo could do, at least for me, is database all former eShop purchases... so if I purchased it once on either Wii or Wii U, give me the game without having to pay for it again. Nintendo's first party games are almost always worth price of admission for their consoles (I have owned each of their consoles from NES-Wii U and their handhelds from GB/GBA/DS/3DS) and have never looked at a purchase as a bad call. 

I look at NX as a chance for Nintendo to do something to merge their handheld and home console at least partially, to maintain a more useful and effective use of databasing, and to begin to reopen the door for third party developers to rejoin Nintendo consoles.

#2 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

Personally I quit with Nintendo after the Wii and every third party dropped out on them. I just don't like the campy control systems they've come up with, when I have time to sit down and play a game I want to do it on my couch with a controller, and Nintendo for some reasons thinks they need to try and innovate something that wasn't really broken down. A recent patent seems to indicate they plan to try another fun trick with a controller that is tablet and the buttons are digital on the screen, I hate that idea if it's for the NX. 

The NX needs to be as powerful as the PS4, it needs to include a Blu-Ray and it needs to have a regular controller. First party games like Mario and Zelda should be launch titles, not secondary titles that are coming soon, when soon could mean anytime in the next 2 years. They need to make sure to have some high quality third party games hit at launch too, I'm talking Call of Duty and Kingdom Hearts good. It has got to dump friend codes and maybe Mii's and join XBOX and PS+ in terms of internet capability and profiles. On top of that you had a good point about the games database, I hate Nintendo's tieing purchases to the console and not an account, that's more of the need to be more like PS and Xbox. You should buy once, play everywhere in perpetuity so long as the store is still around. 

For me it's way more important they try to get back in the box, than continue to play outside of it. 

ON a side note, I have a DSi and never bothered updating to the 3DS because I hate that some games I really wanted to play had you move the characters around using the stylus and touch screen rather than buttons. My DSi has basically become a Dragon Warrior/Quest and Pokemon machine that lives in the bathroom cabinet. 

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

Just to respond to the quick part first, but 3DS is far less dependent on the touch and 3D elements of the device than is the Wii U tablet on those games.

There are some very good uses of the tablet controller that are only available with such a device, but I definitely agree with you. I'd really like to see Nintendo admit some kind of defeat and reenter the traditional market. That said, could they win back the audience they have lost? Even if they put out a console more powerful than PS4 that does have all the particulars you mentioned, are XB fanboys gonna leave? How about PS fanboys? The Mario brand and the Zelda brand, and Metroid, Pokemon, etc, have been isolated for so long that if you didn't spend a lot of time with GC, Wii, and Wii U, you might not have played any of those games.

#4 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

I'd come back, I imagine there are a lot of people that would come back, if they could hit the home run and make a console that appeals to the people they lost. I'd kill to play a Zelda game without cheesy controls or the new weird no need for dungeons buy the stuff in a store. I'd like to see Mario in his 4k Goodness, I'd love to see them throw some of that Pokemon goodness of the Gameboy/DS era into an actual Console game with the same mechanics, Final Fantasy graphics finally meets Pikachu. 

The Wii sold like hot cakes at one point, it was the most bought console and then it all fell apart when Wii U sold very few units, so I think with the appropriate functions added in and stuff, those same people bought the Wii then dumped it for the Xbox or PS would probably be willing to try it, I'd also aggressively take a loss on it too so that it could sell below the other two. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users