Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....
KingOfMyWorld : (22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM) Doesn't Xenforo have a license higher than IPB? I think it did at one time.
Philip C. : (22 March 2018 - 01:16 PM) SrH would you consider changing from ipb to xenforo?
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) Why is there a d-bry gif when it doesn't work and just shows a yes smilie. <_<
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) So... :yes2:
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:31 AM) (Sadly, I couldn't get to the ROH 16 show!)
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:28 AM) Sunday night I went to FSW The Mecca II... awesome card! https://www.facebook...50122191694376/ Notable: Raven and Tommy Dreamer vs Disco Inferno and Eli Drake (Shaun Ricker was an FSW guy for years before he was in TNA as Eli Drake), Rocky Romero and JUSHIN FUCKIN LIGER vs dudes. Moose again, Kenny King vs Scorpio Sky vs , Teddy Hart vs Joey Janella, oVe on the card... good, good stuff!
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:18 AM) Guys! I attended my first indy shows ever (2 in the last month)! Our local promotion FSW. In January the big names outside LV that were there: Alberto El Patron vs Moose (aired on TNA) Sami Callahan had a match, and Kenny King had a match (he's from LV and was originally in FSW years ago, is a regular still). https://www.facebook...75925916181875/
The Great SrH : (03 February 2018 - 11:50 PM) Haha yeah I couldn’t delete that one
Jeff : (03 February 2018 - 06:52 AM) I guess that's a bot but I can't figure out what the end game there is. Like what a cool bot.
Jeremy : (03 February 2018 - 05:22 AM) Couldn't help but notice the best thread in board history... still there #BabyMonkey
The Great SrH : (02 February 2018 - 11:28 PM) I’ve disabled registrations and deleted loads of stuff

Photo
- - - - -

The Man in the High Castle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:14 AM

Season 1 of Amazon's The Man in the High Castle has been up in its entirety for nearly a month now. Has anybody watched it? 

The important, basic pieces of the show are in its setting: 1962 New York City, San Francisco, and Canon City (Colorado) in a world where the Axis Powers won WWII. I'm a history person, and really love alternative histories, so that was enough for me to just be immersed in that world. It turns out that the show is quite good, too. The first episode is available for all (at least in the states, not sure about availability abroad), and the remaining nine episodes are for Amazon Prime or paying members.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00RSGIVVO

A former professor of mine, Elvis Mitchell (long-time film critic), did an interview with the writer and producer of the show, Frank Spotnitz. http://www.kcrw.com/...the-high-castle

Spotniz, if I recall, was also involved in X-Files..... didn't watch any, so I'm not sure if it carries over at all.

Edited by Jeremy, 16 December 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#2 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

I've seen a couple, but I am watching at a leisurely pace when nothing else is on. I swap between it and Jessica Jones. 

I heard great things about the book for years, but I ended up hating the book, the show is definitely not entirely following the book, which could end up being a big bonus for it. Also, I really should start using that prime for more than shipping. 

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

Jessica Jones.... I keep hearing about it, will probably watch after I get through The Leftovers.

Yeah, I didn't know that Prime gave access to any video library until a couple weeks ago, let alone original content. Worth while!

#4 Turn_The_Page

Turn_The_Page

I CREATED WAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

I watched the Man in the High Castle after going out to dinner with a former teacher, and he said he loved it. I didn't have Prime yet, so I got the book and was pretty bored reading it. I wound up getting Prime because I needed to get a gift shipped post-haste, and I LOVED the series. I think using elements of the book while crafting a new narrative was smart. 

The same book was a collection of Philip K. Dick novels, so I also read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Which was apparently the basis of Blade Runner, which I have not yet seen. I liked that as a book more. 

Also, for what it's worth, I'm currently watching The League. I don't know shit about football, but I love a dysfunctional group of friends who do everything they can to undermine each other (which is probably why I love South Park and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia).

#5 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

So... I finished The Man in the High Castle and it's way way better as a TV show than a book. The problem now is I'd like to know where they are heading with it and Season 2 is probably not out until end of this year or into 2017. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users