Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Jeremy : (17 December 2018 - 11:55 PM) :wub: :wub:
The Great SrH : (15 December 2018 - 07:01 PM) <3
KCC : (03 December 2018 - 03:24 AM) I love this place and I love all of you <3
Jeremy : (29 September 2018 - 11:29 PM) nd check in time to time. Unrelated... I went to ROH Death Before Dishonor last night. I should make a post (and I will at some point). Haven't watched ROH weekly TV ever, and I don't follow closely anything but New Japan and somewhat NXT. Had an outstanding time though!
Jeremy : (29 September 2018 - 11:28 PM) I agree Kingy... just weird. I still have this on my bookmark bar a
The Great SrH : (20 September 2018 - 08:50 PM) For some reason i still pay for it haha. I may have some time for a tidy up soon
KingOfMyWorld : (20 September 2018 - 07:24 AM) We fought the spambots for a while, they just became more and more numerous, it was like deleting their shit told them somebody was here to see their shit and they sent more bots...
Jeff : (19 September 2018 - 08:07 AM) It's possible but I never check in anymore becuase nothing's popping. The board itself would have to be cleaned up big time.
Philip C. : (04 September 2018 - 09:30 PM) Do you reckon we could get this place active again?
KingOfMyWorld : (19 August 2018 - 01:47 AM) The internet is just weird without these boards... Facebook and the like just aren't the same...
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:11 AM) How bout them Golden Knights indeed :) Be well yall!
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:10 AM) Guys hiiii
Jeff : (29 July 2018 - 03:11 AM) Howdy
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin

Photo
- - - - -

The Man in the High Castle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:14 AM

Season 1 of Amazon's The Man in the High Castle has been up in its entirety for nearly a month now. Has anybody watched it? 

The important, basic pieces of the show are in its setting: 1962 New York City, San Francisco, and Canon City (Colorado) in a world where the Axis Powers won WWII. I'm a history person, and really love alternative histories, so that was enough for me to just be immersed in that world. It turns out that the show is quite good, too. The first episode is available for all (at least in the states, not sure about availability abroad), and the remaining nine episodes are for Amazon Prime or paying members.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00RSGIVVO

A former professor of mine, Elvis Mitchell (long-time film critic), did an interview with the writer and producer of the show, Frank Spotnitz. http://www.kcrw.com/...the-high-castle

Spotniz, if I recall, was also involved in X-Files..... didn't watch any, so I'm not sure if it carries over at all.

Edited by Jeremy, 16 December 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#2 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

I've seen a couple, but I am watching at a leisurely pace when nothing else is on. I swap between it and Jessica Jones. 

I heard great things about the book for years, but I ended up hating the book, the show is definitely not entirely following the book, which could end up being a big bonus for it. Also, I really should start using that prime for more than shipping. 

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

Jessica Jones.... I keep hearing about it, will probably watch after I get through The Leftovers.

Yeah, I didn't know that Prime gave access to any video library until a couple weeks ago, let alone original content. Worth while!

#4 Turn_The_Page

Turn_The_Page

I CREATED WAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

I watched the Man in the High Castle after going out to dinner with a former teacher, and he said he loved it. I didn't have Prime yet, so I got the book and was pretty bored reading it. I wound up getting Prime because I needed to get a gift shipped post-haste, and I LOVED the series. I think using elements of the book while crafting a new narrative was smart. 

The same book was a collection of Philip K. Dick novels, so I also read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Which was apparently the basis of Blade Runner, which I have not yet seen. I liked that as a book more. 

Also, for what it's worth, I'm currently watching The League. I don't know shit about football, but I love a dysfunctional group of friends who do everything they can to undermine each other (which is probably why I love South Park and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia).

#5 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

So... I finished The Man in the High Castle and it's way way better as a TV show than a book. The problem now is I'd like to know where they are heading with it and Season 2 is probably not out until end of this year or into 2017. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users