Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Jeff : (21 October 2019 - 11:08 am) I'm late but I can confirm it was. TJ was one of my very best online friends, we stayed really close after this thing kinda fell apart. Really good guy. Such a shame. If you're hurting, don't hesitate to reach out to someone.
The Great SrH : (12 July 2019 - 12:23 pm) Ahh sorry - we think it was suicide!
DxWo : (08 July 2019 - 01:30 am) Hey SrH, no Phenomenal TJ, the one who committed suicide .. what did he do? :(
The Great SrH : (07 July 2019 - 09:31 pm) Hey guys! Dx, I think you’re thinking Tj Da Dj?
DxWo : (01 July 2019 - 09:48 pm) LMD how did TJ go? :(
DxWo : (28 June 2019 - 02:41 am) Wow this place is still here? :)
KCC : (18 June 2019 - 02:24 am) Phenomenal TJ? I probably hadn't spoken to him in like 7 or 8 years at this point. What a fucking shame :(
Jeremy : (09 June 2019 - 03:41 pm) Oh wow... that's terrible. He was one of those guys who I didn't interface too much with, but I always knew who he was. Tough to take news like that. Hope you lot are well, really do
LMD : (08 June 2019 - 07:31 am) Yeah, it was suicide. There were 2 posts around the day of talking about it and how he did it. Lots of people talking about his mental health issues and depression. Admittedly, he and I had a falling out years ago so I hadn't really spoken to him, so no idea what he was going through nor could I even begin to guess. :\
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) News*
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) Oh shit that’s sad. I looked him up and had a read through. Looked like he was struggling with mental health so my guess is suicide. Awful need tho!
Jeremy : (02 June 2019 - 03:34 pm) I don't know exactly, but his facebook page is now a "Remembering" page. No other context that I see, but it includes a disclaimer/notice from Facebook at the top of the page about his page being a memorialized account :(
The Great SrH : (31 May 2019 - 08:41 pm) What happened?
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:22 am) :( :( :( I just looked on Facebook... do we know what happened? :wub: yall
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:18 am) Wait... no I didn't see :( Dare I ask?
LMD : (09 May 2019 - 05:14 am) So uh, you guys see the news about TJ? Rough stuff. Just wanted to pop in and tell you I :wub: you guys. (Well at least most of you. :shifty:)
Jeremy : (25 April 2019 - 03:02 am) Just don't change the URL :lol:
Philip C. : (28 January 2019 - 06:00 pm) If we reboot want xenforo licence I no longer use? Going for free ��
Jeremy : (17 December 2018 - 11:55 pm) :wub: :wub:
The Great SrH : (15 December 2018 - 07:01 pm) <3

Photo
- - - - -

Zelda the Netflix Series?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:03 am

“The Legend of Zelda,” one of the most popular videogame series of all time, is in the works as a television show at Netflix.

The video streaming service is in the early stages of developing a live action series based on “Zelda,” about an ordinary boy named Link who must rescue a princess named Zelda and save a fantasy world called Hyrule, said a person familiar with the matter. As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said.

The “Zelda” games have traditionally included swords and sorcery, like “Game of Thrones” or “Lord of the Rings,” but typically with a more light-hearted, kid-friendly tone.

Netflix is said to be working closely with Nintendo, the Japanese game developer that has made about 20 “The Legend of Zelda” games since the original, which was released in the U.S. in 1987.

Nintendo is very protective of its intellectual property and has allowed few adaptations over the years. An animated “Legend of Zelda” series ran for just one season in 1989. A 1993 movie based on Nintendo’s “Super Mario Bros.” was an infamous bomb.

As it is still seeking a writer to work on the series, Netflix has a long road to travel before a “Legend of Zelda” series actually becomes a reality. It’s also possible that Netflix or Nintendo will kill the project before it gets off the ground.

A Netflix spokeswoman declined to comment. A Nintendo spokesman said the company “doesn’t comment on rumors and speculation.”

They would have to work damn hard to find the appropriate cast, and on top of that not make it so fucking campy it sucks. I like the idea of the Game of Thrones style version though, I'd watch something like that. I just hope they don't do any Skyward Swords or Twilight Princess stuff...I'm more a fan of Ocarina and before games. 

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:21 pm

I have never been a fan of the Zelda series, but I might start playing them on the virtual console on Wii just to get involved. The early ones - don't anticipate playing N64 and newer. 

That said, I would absolutely watch a Netflix original series in the Game of Thrones style. That would be epic.

#3 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:01 pm

Personal preference, Zelda NES first game only(after finishing it, there is a second map to play), Zelda SNES, Ocarina of Time for N64 and Wind Waker for Gamecube are the only ones worthwhile. Zelda II on NES if you want, it's just way different than the original. I never tried the gameboy ones though, or other handheld ones. I dislike the wii controls so I hated those two games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users