Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

The Great SrH : (12 July 2019 - 12:23 pm) Ahh sorry - we think it was suicide!
DxWo : (08 July 2019 - 01:30 am) Hey SrH, no Phenomenal TJ, the one who committed suicide .. what did he do? :(
The Great SrH : (07 July 2019 - 09:31 pm) Hey guys! Dx, I think you’re thinking Tj Da Dj?
DxWo : (01 July 2019 - 09:48 pm) LMD how did TJ go? :(
DxWo : (28 June 2019 - 02:41 am) Wow this place is still here? :)
KCC : (18 June 2019 - 02:24 am) Phenomenal TJ? I probably hadn't spoken to him in like 7 or 8 years at this point. What a fucking shame :(
Jeremy : (09 June 2019 - 03:41 pm) Oh wow... that's terrible. He was one of those guys who I didn't interface too much with, but I always knew who he was. Tough to take news like that. Hope you lot are well, really do
LMD : (08 June 2019 - 07:31 am) Yeah, it was suicide. There were 2 posts around the day of talking about it and how he did it. Lots of people talking about his mental health issues and depression. Admittedly, he and I had a falling out years ago so I hadn't really spoken to him, so no idea what he was going through nor could I even begin to guess. :\
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) News*
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) Oh shit that’s sad. I looked him up and had a read through. Looked like he was struggling with mental health so my guess is suicide. Awful need tho!
Jeremy : (02 June 2019 - 03:34 pm) I don't know exactly, but his facebook page is now a "Remembering" page. No other context that I see, but it includes a disclaimer/notice from Facebook at the top of the page about his page being a memorialized account :(
The Great SrH : (31 May 2019 - 08:41 pm) What happened?
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:22 am) :( :( :( I just looked on Facebook... do we know what happened? :wub: yall
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:18 am) Wait... no I didn't see :( Dare I ask?
LMD : (09 May 2019 - 05:14 am) So uh, you guys see the news about TJ? Rough stuff. Just wanted to pop in and tell you I :wub: you guys. (Well at least most of you. :shifty:)
Jeremy : (25 April 2019 - 03:02 am) Just don't change the URL :lol:
Philip C. : (28 January 2019 - 06:00 pm) If we reboot want xenforo licence I no longer use? Going for free ��
Jeremy : (17 December 2018 - 11:55 pm) :wub: :wub:
The Great SrH : (15 December 2018 - 07:01 pm) <3
KCC : (03 December 2018 - 03:24 am) I love this place and I love all of you <3

Photo

Apple Event 2014

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:48 am

Today they announced the iPhone 6 (4.7 inches) and iPhone 6+ (5.5 inches) as well as the iWatch. 

Apple said it plans to sell the larger 5.5-inch model starting at $299 with a two-year carrier contract, higher than the $199 price for its current high-end iPhone 5S. The company said the 4.7-inch iPhone will start at $199 with a contract.

The company said the new phones come with many hardware improvements, including a sharper display, better battery life and improved camera performance.

The most noticeable upgrade for phones is the larger displays. Apple has stuck with a smaller display for its iPhone, even as competitors started making larger screens a standard feature for high-end phones. 

http://money.msn.com...?ocid=ansnews11

Personally I'm most excited for the watch because of it's built in pulse, blood pressure, calorie tracking and pedometer functions, as someone looking to quit being so fucking large it has all the functions I want and at a better price than buying each part individually...plus it'll be better than Wii Fit. :shifty:

Not to promote piracy, but Apple's locked down phones aren't my thing, I like side loading apps to android sometimes. 

#2 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:09 am

My contract JUST run up and I'm pretty excited.  This is going to be my first smart phone. I'm getting the 6+, figure I'll spring for the 128gb so it can also be my mp3 player on the road.  

#3 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:53 pm

I see the iPhone specs that my coworkers are getting all fired up about.... Nexus and Galaxy have had many of these "new" features for years...

#4 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:37 pm

I know, but for me, it would be the perfect phone to have. Apple is the only one with access to the Facebook Mentions app, which is what verified pages use to communicate better with fans.  Like say I'm helping run the Ludacris page on Facebook, anytime people  tag the Ludacris page, I can comment to it faster. It also is a good app to help streamline verifying pages. 

#5 Jeremy

Jeremy

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:41 pm

Don't get me wrong, for certain things it's definitely better and more convenient. Didn't mean to bash it entirely, mostly the average user who thinks it's the best by a longshot.

I've always thought their communication stuff is great, namely FaceTime and iMessage. <_<

#6 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:26 am

While I don't like the locked down state of the Apple store and no side loading, I do think that's the best looking phone. I like home buttons, I can do without others but I really like a physical home button. The next closest design I care for is the HTC M8 I believe it is. 

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:14 pm

While I don't like the locked down state of the Apple store and no side loading, I do think that's the best looking phone. I like home buttons, I can do without others but I really like a physical home button. The next closest design I care for is the HTC M8 I believe it is. 

The entire Galaxy line has a physical home button :shifty:

#8 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:57 pm

Yet, they still aren't made of metal....

#9 Jeremy

Jeremy

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:34 am

That wasn't mentioned in your notes as a thing you like <_<

#10 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:42 am

Yet, metal iphones aren't enough to get me to buy into the apple system, hell I got a Windows Phone...I'd much rather have a Moto E, G or X...maybe an LG G2 or G3... 

#11 Turn_The_Page

Turn_The_Page

I CREATED WAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:10 am

Kingy, you don't need a watch to start getting in shape, bro. Just get a set of DDPYoga DVDs!

Although I have been looking for a device with a heart monitor for quite some time. Nobody in my office (who works with a lot of next-gen tech) has a wearable yet, and I would certainly consider integrating this with my iPhone and Mac devices. 

#12 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:35 am

For what it's worth I am horrible at getting into shape, I dropped Coke cold turkey back in April, switched to water for about a week and then swapped to Crystal Light powders and water 10 calories a 16.9 oz bottle and I count my calories, I work on the Wii Fit a few hours a week, not a lot, but I have seen a 4-5 pound drop in weight that fluctuates to between 4 and 8 pounds. A year ago I was drinking a 12 pack of coke a day... :O

I mostly just monitor calories, weight and Wii Fit credits. MyFitnessPal thing says I should eat around 2400 calories a day, lol...I might eat that little on my meatless days...I have noticed a trend, I eat like 3000 calories in pizza every week, sometimes more than that. I have swapped to eating fried chicken breast a lot, because a whole one fried is only like 400 calories.  

TL, DR: It all my help me see exactly all my fuckups...I just wish one of them allowed me to go into water, I could go do some laps at the lake if it tracked the calories lost in that. <_<

As for the tech and wearables, I don't see too many people happy about yet another device to plug in and charge at night. Right now you need a power strip...phone, watch, tablet, computer.... of course me I just need a two port one, lol. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users