Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

The Great SrH : (12 July 2019 - 12:23 pm) Ahh sorry - we think it was suicide!
DxWo : (08 July 2019 - 01:30 am) Hey SrH, no Phenomenal TJ, the one who committed suicide .. what did he do? :(
The Great SrH : (07 July 2019 - 09:31 pm) Hey guys! Dx, I think you’re thinking Tj Da Dj?
DxWo : (01 July 2019 - 09:48 pm) LMD how did TJ go? :(
DxWo : (28 June 2019 - 02:41 am) Wow this place is still here? :)
KCC : (18 June 2019 - 02:24 am) Phenomenal TJ? I probably hadn't spoken to him in like 7 or 8 years at this point. What a fucking shame :(
Jeremy : (09 June 2019 - 03:41 pm) Oh wow... that's terrible. He was one of those guys who I didn't interface too much with, but I always knew who he was. Tough to take news like that. Hope you lot are well, really do
LMD : (08 June 2019 - 07:31 am) Yeah, it was suicide. There were 2 posts around the day of talking about it and how he did it. Lots of people talking about his mental health issues and depression. Admittedly, he and I had a falling out years ago so I hadn't really spoken to him, so no idea what he was going through nor could I even begin to guess. :\
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) News*
The Great SrH : (02 June 2019 - 08:18 pm) Oh shit that’s sad. I looked him up and had a read through. Looked like he was struggling with mental health so my guess is suicide. Awful need tho!
Jeremy : (02 June 2019 - 03:34 pm) I don't know exactly, but his facebook page is now a "Remembering" page. No other context that I see, but it includes a disclaimer/notice from Facebook at the top of the page about his page being a memorialized account :(
The Great SrH : (31 May 2019 - 08:41 pm) What happened?
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:22 am) :( :( :( I just looked on Facebook... do we know what happened? :wub: yall
Jeremy : (29 May 2019 - 05:18 am) Wait... no I didn't see :( Dare I ask?
LMD : (09 May 2019 - 05:14 am) So uh, you guys see the news about TJ? Rough stuff. Just wanted to pop in and tell you I :wub: you guys. (Well at least most of you. :shifty:)
Jeremy : (25 April 2019 - 03:02 am) Just don't change the URL :lol:
Philip C. : (28 January 2019 - 06:00 pm) If we reboot want xenforo licence I no longer use? Going for free ��
Jeremy : (17 December 2018 - 11:55 pm) :wub: :wub:
The Great SrH : (15 December 2018 - 07:01 pm) <3
KCC : (03 December 2018 - 03:24 am) I love this place and I love all of you <3

Photo

Europe Full of No Good, Dirty, Thieving Pirates

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:17 pm

The European Commission has released a new report on the film viewing habits of Europeans this week.

The report, titled “A profile of current and future audiovisual audience”, draws its conclusions based on a survey of 4,608 respondents between the ages of 4 and 50 scattered across Europe. The participants were taken from a representative sample of ten different countries including France, Germany and the UK.

One of the main findings is that up to 97% percent of all Europeans are film viewers, but that the majority don’t pay for the films they watch over the Internet.

“Nearly 70% of Europeans download or stream films for free, whether legally or illegally,” the European Commission reports.

The study does not distinguish between legal and illegal downloads, but half of all respondents said they downloaded or streamed films because cinema tickets and DVDs are too expensive. This suggests that the films they watch come from “pirate” sources.

---

A lack of legal alternatives is often mentioned as a key motivation in Romania, Croatia and Poland, with around 35% in these countries. In France, the UK and Lithuania, availability was least mentioned with little over 20%.

According to the European Commission these high download and streaming numbers are no surprise, and it suggests that the film industry itself holds the key to lowering high piracy rates.

“The study finds that this is not surprising because, while the public takes a lot of interest in films as a whole, the nearest cinema is often some distance from them and the choice on screen is frequently rather limited,” the European Commission writes.

“It suggests that the European film industry can increase revenues by exploiting different types of profit-making online platforms to increase the availability of films and reach new audiences,” the Commission notes.

Source: TorrentFreak

I think you'll find this to be the truth all over the planet, people just don't have the money they had 20 years ago and with rapid technology shifts, the Industry can't give people what they want and if they do, they charge as much or more than a physical copy. That doesn't work anymore, just like region shifting doesn't work. 

#2 Jordan

Jordan

Oscar Winner

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:34 pm

I don't download things half as much as I used too, I usually can wait for the new releases these days. I've never actually paid for a song though...
Flag Counter

#3 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:41 pm

When it comes to music I'm a Pandora or similar service kind of person these days. 

#4 Jordan

Jordan

Oscar Winner

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:45 pm

I have no idea what these music programs are what I always hear about, but I'm old school. I hear a song and download it illegally. :shifty: I miss the days of Kazaa/Limewire, it was so easy back then. These days I usually use Google to search through directories for specifics songs, if that fails I'll turn to one of the torrent sites.
Flag Counter

#5 The Great SrH

The Great SrH

Theres Nobody Better!

• Admin
  • 10,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:53 pm

I rarely go Cinema these days because it is extremely expensive. I try not to download movies. I have a hell of alot of DVDs. I tend to wait for stuff to come out on DVD before I watch them, which is sometimes painful due to how long it takes for them to be released after the Cinema.

Music and TV Shows are a different story.

TV Shows (although recently we get them the following day on some big shows) usually take a week or two before the new American episode is aired here. I like to keep up to date with America when watching shows. I also hate the amount of commercials, so downloading them conquers that for me as they're all removed.

#6 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:59 pm

I feel the same way about Doctor Who and Orphan Black on BBC America and stuff that comes on Showcase in Canada taking forever to get to SyFy in the US 

#7 The Great SrH

The Great SrH

Theres Nobody Better!

• Admin
  • 10,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:17 pm

I don't watch them but I feel your pain for sure. Everything I watch is American haha.

Did you ever watch Luther with Idris Elba in? I can't remember if you've mentioned it?

#8 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:38 pm

Never seen it, what's it about?

#9 The Great SrH

The Great SrH

Theres Nobody Better!

• Admin
  • 10,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:49 pm

From Wikipedia:
"John Luther is a Detective Chief Inspector (DCI) working for the Serious Crime Unit in series one, and the new Serious and Serial Crime Unit in series two and three. A dedicated police officer, Luther is obsessive, possessed, and sometimes dangerous in the violence of his fixations. However, Luther has paid a heavy price for his dedication; he has never been able to prevent himself from being consumed by the darkness of the crimes with which he deals. For Luther, the job always comes first. His dedication is a curse and a blessing, both for him and those close to him. "

It's the only drama TV series I've watched from England I think. I only watched it because Idris Elba is the star and I ALWAYS saw about 30 statuses on Facebook each time an episode aired. You won't be disappointed.

#10 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:27 am

I'll stream an older movie that's tough to find here and there (went on a binge of made-for-TV movies over the most recent semester break. :shifty:), or old TV shows, but I don't download them. Seems like more effort than its worth. If I can't find a stream, its not worth it for me.

As for music, I haven't illegally downloaded an official release in years. I download illegal bootlegs fairly frequently though, but, most of the shows are from before I was born and haven't been officially released, so its not like the artist is missing out, or did miss out, on any of my money. There's no chance of them getting it for the performance to begin with. <_< I stream a lot on Youtube, but if its really good, I'll typically buy it at some point. If its just a single or something I like in sparse situations, I'll just YT it whenever I get the craving for it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users