Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

KCC : (03 December 2018 - 03:24 AM) I love this place and I love all of you <3
Jeremy : (29 September 2018 - 11:29 PM) nd check in time to time. Unrelated... I went to ROH Death Before Dishonor last night. I should make a post (and I will at some point). Haven't watched ROH weekly TV ever, and I don't follow closely anything but New Japan and somewhat NXT. Had an outstanding time though!
Jeremy : (29 September 2018 - 11:28 PM) I agree Kingy... just weird. I still have this on my bookmark bar a
The Great SrH : (20 September 2018 - 08:50 PM) For some reason i still pay for it haha. I may have some time for a tidy up soon
KingOfMyWorld : (20 September 2018 - 07:24 AM) We fought the spambots for a while, they just became more and more numerous, it was like deleting their shit told them somebody was here to see their shit and they sent more bots...
Jeff : (19 September 2018 - 08:07 AM) It's possible but I never check in anymore becuase nothing's popping. The board itself would have to be cleaned up big time.
Philip C. : (04 September 2018 - 09:30 PM) Do you reckon we could get this place active again?
KingOfMyWorld : (19 August 2018 - 01:47 AM) The internet is just weird without these boards... Facebook and the like just aren't the same...
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:11 AM) How bout them Golden Knights indeed :) Be well yall!
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:10 AM) Guys hiiii
Jeff : (29 July 2018 - 03:11 AM) Howdy
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox One Mega Thread

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#46 KCC

KCC

The All-Canadian Canadian

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Well. I'm getting a PS4 cause Octodad.

Posted Image

#47 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'm just getting both. If Microsoft wants to watch me masturbate, they can feel free.

#48 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

KCC, that is absolutely incredible. I love it.

I'll be getting PS4 probably in 2016.

#49 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think I'll wait a year or two and see where the dust settles on all of this, I have a feeling once they start selling these things that in the future they'll begin pushing those XBOne features back into the system and then it'll be too late. It's said Sony backed off only because of the backlash Xbox took. Then you have price, in a year or two the price will drop from 400-500 to 250-300 and then to 200-250 within three years.

Remember, if they can take it away, they can bring it back. Remember what Larry Hyrb was touting not two weeks ago, the Xbox One is wrapped around this DRM scheme, you can't just flip a switch and make it go away....they won't back down for long.

#50 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

So now that they have taken away the function, Microsoft came out and admitted that the "Family Share" plan was misleading. The way it was supposed to work was that the game would work for 30 to 45 minutes and some games up to an hour, after that time you would be stopped and taken to the market to buy the game if you wanted to continue it. The reason that the share function was not going to be available at launch was In order to find a way to keep you from being able to play the whole game through in multiple shared chunks.

#51 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

Xbox 180 should be this things name, here's the latest on the decision to allow you to use the box without Kinect:

We still believe in Kinect. We aren’t interested in splitting the development base. The more demos I’ve seen, the more I’ve used it – the more impressed I am. The team feels strongly about Kinect, and I hope we’re able to prove that when you use it.

We also have a ton of privacy settings to allow people to turn off the camera, or microphones, or put it in a state just for “Xbox On” and IR blasting – there will be a lot of user control for that.

The thing we all understood, and hence this change, is that there are some scenarios where people just may not be comfortable. We wanted people to be 100% comfortable, so we allow the sensor to be unplugged. And clearly the “it dropped” scenario is possible.

The most obvious thing is watching a DVD/BD, or streaming a movie, or HDMI pass-through, your experience isn’t impacted (except you miss voice and IR blasting)

There is no “gotcha”, but obviously, if there is a game that REQUIRES Kinect (like Rivals), or something where Kinect IS the experience (like Skype), those won’t work.

That said, for people who have privacy concerns there are user control settings, which we believe are great.

#52 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

So I can unplug the thing and be ok to use my xbox still or....?

#53 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

Microsoft will allow you to disconnect the kinect for anything that does not use the kinect. With the big ass caveat that they are trying to get every developer to require the thing and to use it for tv and dvd you'll need it for the IR sensor....so you may not need it, but they're going to make it damn hard on you if you do unplug it...the goal is to make it a paperweight without it.

#54 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

style="font-size: 17px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> Today we want to share some details about the incredible voice chat improvements made to Xbox One and how these changes will enhance your communication with the Xbox One Chat Headset on the console.

Thanks to integration with Skype’s audio codec, which has a proven track record of high-quality voice through billions of hours of use within Skype, as well as dedicated audio processing (for Xbox One conversations via Skype and multiplayer party chats), Xbox One offers higher quality voice chat with the Xbox One Chat Headset compared to Xbox 360—whether you’re chatting in-game or through party chat with Skype on Xbox One.

But the improvements don’t stop there. The Xbox One Wireless Controller’s new expansion port dramatically expands the data transfer rate between the controller and console. Combined with Skype’s audio codec, this enables crystal-clear digital audio with the Xbox One Chat Headset, both capturing and rendering speech at 24 KHz PCM, which is triple the rendering sample rate and a 50 percent capture rate improvement over Xbox 360 headsets. And, as we shared before, the Xbox One Chat Headset comes with every Xbox One console.

But don’t just take our word for it. Listen to this short sample for yourself:

We think gamers will immediately notice the improvement here—whether it’s through crystal clear in-game chats over the Xbox One Chat Headset, through the sound of crisper conversations taking place over Skype or with your multiplayer party chat.

We can’t wait for you to hear the improvements first-hand in a couple months.

Source: Major Nelson

#55 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Today, Turn 10, Crytek and Capcom provided details of the exclusive content and unlocks that will be included in the Day One Editions of Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3.

To commemorate the launch of Xbox One, Day One Editions are special game SKUS that include exclusive content and are available only through retail pre-order while supplies last, or via download on Xbox Live the first two weeks after launch.

Posted ImageForza Motorsport 5 Day One Car Pack: This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:
  • 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.
  • 2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.
  • 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

Posted ImageDead Rising 3 Day One Edition: Dead Rising Tribute Pack featuring exclusive game content and bonus attribute perks.
  • Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move. Also includes attribute perks for increased melee damage and tougher survivors.
  • Official Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability. Also includes attribute perks for vehicle and weapon durability.

Posted ImageRyse: Son of Rome Day One Edition Exclusive Gladiator Mode Unlockables:
The Day One Edition of Ryse: Son of Rome will give players access to an exclusive Gladiator Mode Co-Op Multiplayer Map and an exclusive Sword add-on. Owners of the Day One Edition will be able to invite friends who own the Standard Edition to join them on the exclusive map.
  • Legionnaire’s Trust Exclusive Sword: From the Brotherhood of Metalworkers high in the Swiss Alps comes this well-crafted, finely hammered blade that includes bonus in-game attributes.
  • Ruins: Placing gladiators among the columns of an abandoned temple, Ruins will pit players against hordes of Barbarians, attacking from around every corner. The arena changes dynamically during gameplay, adding new obstacles and objectives for the player to encounter and overcome.

Source: majorNelson

#56 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

You need to remember not to copy and paste or use the eraser to remove the other sites formatting, cause when you post like that I get bad html and white lines all over the place on dark skins.

#57 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

If you're planning to buy an Xbox One, you should make sure to lay it down flat, warns Microsoft. Anyone using their Xbox One in a vertical orientation risks damage to both the console and its games.

The problem, according to Microsoft, stems from the Xbox One disc slot. While the Xbox 360's disc tray was capable of either horizontal or vertical use, the new slot was designed with horizontal configurations in mind.

"We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk," said Albert Panello, senior director of product management for Microsoft's Xbox division. "It wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both."

Source: http://www.joystiq.c...-your-own-risk/

#58 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

If I replace my 360 it lays flat on the TV bench so i'll be ok

It's like they have said keep it flat so it doesn't red ring like the 360.

#59 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

They should round both sides to prevent people from doing that...

#60 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

You know what, they shouldn't have spent years making vertical the thing they wanted only to come back now and say no don't do that....let alone why the fuck are they releasing something that looks twice the size of a 1980's VCR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users