Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

The Great SrH : (20 September 2018 - 08:50 PM) For some reason i still pay for it haha. I may have some time for a tidy up soon
KingOfMyWorld : (20 September 2018 - 07:24 AM) We fought the spambots for a while, they just became more and more numerous, it was like deleting their shit told them somebody was here to see their shit and they sent more bots...
Jeff : (19 September 2018 - 08:07 AM) It's possible but I never check in anymore becuase nothing's popping. The board itself would have to be cleaned up big time.
Philip C. : (04 September 2018 - 09:30 PM) Do you reckon we could get this place active again?
KingOfMyWorld : (19 August 2018 - 01:47 AM) The internet is just weird without these boards... Facebook and the like just aren't the same...
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:11 AM) How bout them Golden Knights indeed :) Be well yall!
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:10 AM) Guys hiiii
Jeff : (29 July 2018 - 03:11 AM) Howdy
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....
KingOfMyWorld : (22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM) Doesn't Xenforo have a license higher than IPB? I think it did at one time.
Philip C. : (22 March 2018 - 01:16 PM) SrH would you consider changing from ipb to xenforo?
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) Why is there a d-bry gif when it doesn't work and just shows a yes smilie. <_<

Photo
- - - - -

Xbox One Mega Thread

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#16 KCC

KCC

The All-Canadian Canadian

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

This always online shit is just out of control.

Posted Image

#17 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

The entire industry is out of control. Its all bullshit.

Were you guys the ones who showed me the fairly well-written article about how gamers hate the gaming companies, the gaming companies hate gaming publications, and the gaming publications are stuck in the middle reporting on how both sides try to fuck the other over while remaining impartial? (Note: severe paraphrasing on my part there). I ask because it was a really good read that touches on a lot of my complaints and concerns about the industry as a whole, and I'll see if I can dig it up for you guys if you didn't show me it/read it.

Generally though, the lack of backwards compatability is complete bullshit. Its one of the big reasons I haven't moved on from my PS2. <_<
Posted Image

#18 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

This is all swell but in other news, I made an XBox one page today and already gained 10,000 fans in one day, a new record for me. :D
https://www.facebook...264902266988781

#19 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

This is all swell but in other news, I made an XBox one page today and already gained 10,000 fans in one day, a new record for me. :D

I hate you.
Posted Image

#20 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

I hate you.

Why though? :(

#21 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

#22 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

This is just an Xbox 360 with upgraded components and something to alienate gamers. They are too focused on being entertainment box that they are now hurting the gamers.

The like of GameStop and Gamestation will be gone cos of this.

I'll wait for the Wii 2. I know that'll be a console that lets me play traded games for free :P

#23 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

I read a couple of reports that Microsoft executive are surprised by the backlash to this thing...they thought it was going to go over great apparently...

#24 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I read a couple of reports that Microsoft executive are surprised by the backlash to this thing...they thought it was going to go over great apparently...

"You mean, people don't want us to fuck everyone else out of money so we can get richer?"
Posted Image

#25 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

"You mean, people don't want us to fuck everyone else out of money so we can get richer?"

*Expecting a KCC Jew joke at LMD*

By the way, Fuck Xbox.

#26 Jeff

Jeff

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

• Admin
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'll wait for the Wii 2. I know that'll be a console that lets me play traded games for free :P

It's already out, it's called the Wii U.

#27 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

It's already out, it's called the Wii U.

And Nintendo can't get anybody to make games on it...because they don't believe in traditional consoles anymore...funny thing is they stick close to gaming but want you to play in nontraditional ways and revolts happened....xbox leaves games and then ask what's wrong....while the PS4 sits at the top laughing without realizing they'll be torn apart when more info comes out on them too...

It's a mask not a watermelon...lol.....another great sig....where you get those from...

#28 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

We need a new version of Super Nintendo...bring back Yoshi's World!!! :P

#29 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

Q: How do consumers benefit by being connected to the cloud?
A: The cloud makes every experience better and more accessible. Because Xbox One is powered by the cloud:
  • Your games have more power available to create new gameplay, persistent worlds, and deeper experiences.
  • Your system and games can update automatically, so you shouldn’t have to wait for downloads or updates.
  • Your games and entertainment are stored and saved in the cloud, so you can access them anytime, from any Xbox One.*
  • Start a game, movie, or TV show on one console and finish exactly where you left off on another.
  • You can play multiplayer games with your friends, stream movies or TV shows right away, and enjoy the community and social features of Xbox Live.
  • Xbox One can recognize you, log you in and tailor your home screen just for you.
You can discover what your friends are playing, watching and listening to if they choose to share.
These are just a few examples of how customers benefit from our platform being connected to the Internet. It brings the future of TV and games to our consumers—and it’s designed for today and the decade ahead.

* Subject to content geographical restrictions.

Q: When will Xbox One launch and in what markets?
A: Xbox One will launch in markets around the world later this year. We’ll have more to share later.

Q: Can I use my current gamertag on Xbox One and will my Gamerscore and Achievements transfer?
A: Yes. Your current Xbox Live Gamertag will stay with you on Xbox One if you choose to keep it, and your hard-earned Gamerscore and Achievements will indeed carry over from Xbox 360.

Q: Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?
A: Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Q: Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games?
A: We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

Q: Will my current Xbox Live Gold membership work with Xbox One or will I have to buy a new one?
A: You do not need to buy a new Xbox Live Gold membership. Your current membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Q: Why require Kinect with every Xbox One?
A: The all new Kinect is now an essential and integrated part of the platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for you.

Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?
A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that’s television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set top box (as is the case with many providers in the US). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.

Q: Xbox One is a more powerful product compared to Xbox 360, but does it also use more power?
A: By providing multiple power states in Xbox One, we’ve balanced energy efficiency with functionality. We’ve taken a completely different approach to how Xbox One consumes power. It only uses the power it needs at that particular moment for the task at hand.

#30 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Q1: Microsoft's own leaders have said several times this week that it will require internet at least once a day. Unless this is new since they said it and they have started the back down now... which I think they will if they know what's good for them... I think instead they'll just push the developers to use the cloud so they need the internet to play...

Q2: They don't, the only ones that do are MSFT and publishers that don't have to worry about digital resales.

Q3: Thanksgiving...Black Friday sounds like a good target date huh...

Q4: They'd have the biggest revolt ever if the Acheivements/Trophies don't carry over.

Q5: But rest assured even though it's not backwards compatible, we will do everything we can to re release games on Live that you can buy in full again...Truth is that both PS4 and Xbox are changing processors to computers, which means older games aren't compatible, it's like apple going from PowerPC to Intel...Xbox and PS4 are doing the same except going to AMD...which is sad, because it wouldn't be too hard to have a secondary chip in there like the Wii U for Wii mode.

Q6: We mean we're working on a way to charge you for selling the game and then for buying it too...like ebay for games...

Q7: Xbox Live Gold should die...instead it's back and going up in price...they didn't announce that but come on, you know it. Gold should be for games only if they insist on keeping it, not for the rest of the internet streaming apps.

Q8: The all new Kinect..you can turn the camera off but not the microphone..so don't talk about anything in front of it and definitely don't masturbate...unless you want too...cause we'd be down with that...

Q9: Yay, ATT is going to charge me for the right to use my own cable box "the xbox" to get on their tv network...plus don't forget the Gold price...which means your cable box just went up in price each month...

Q10: In other words, we may still have some overheating problems...sorry about that...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users