Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

The Great SrH : (20 September 2018 - 08:50 PM) For some reason i still pay for it haha. I may have some time for a tidy up soon
KingOfMyWorld : (20 September 2018 - 07:24 AM) We fought the spambots for a while, they just became more and more numerous, it was like deleting their shit told them somebody was here to see their shit and they sent more bots...
Jeff : (19 September 2018 - 08:07 AM) It's possible but I never check in anymore becuase nothing's popping. The board itself would have to be cleaned up big time.
Philip C. : (04 September 2018 - 09:30 PM) Do you reckon we could get this place active again?
KingOfMyWorld : (19 August 2018 - 01:47 AM) The internet is just weird without these boards... Facebook and the like just aren't the same...
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:11 AM) How bout them Golden Knights indeed :) Be well yall!
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:10 AM) Guys hiiii
Jeff : (29 July 2018 - 03:11 AM) Howdy
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....
KingOfMyWorld : (22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM) Doesn't Xenforo have a license higher than IPB? I think it did at one time.
Philip C. : (22 March 2018 - 01:16 PM) SrH would you consider changing from ipb to xenforo?
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) Why is there a d-bry gif when it doesn't work and just shows a yes smilie. <_<

Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 4 Mega Thread

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

I think you own what you have downloaded i think

#47 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

I have plus for a month or two more and the free games are basically rentals until you quit paying then the license is revoked until you start paying again, the license is then returned unless publisher has restricted use on restart. Anything you buy at a discount is yours to keep with or without plus until such time as the Sony service or publishers digital rights end.

#48 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I have plus for a month or two more and the free games are basically rentals until you quit paying then the license is revoked until you start paying again, the license is then returned unless publisher has restricted use on restart. Anything you buy at a discount is yours to keep with or without plus until such time as the Sony service or publishers digital rights end.

So technically even games I put money towards aren't really "mine" "forever"?

#49 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

PS Plus seems like a waste of money to me!

#50 Jeremy

Jeremy

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Well, spending $60 one time a year to have the option of spending only a few dollars to keep games for (what I imagine is) a considerable amount of time seems like a good way to go. I'm just excited about having access to games like NBA Jam and other rereleases

#51 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

As with any digital content you do not own it. Ebook, Vudu and the Sony Online Entertainment license say they are licensing you the right to play the game/read the book or movie and that at any time the publisher may revoke that right or it will end upon your or the services death. So no with any digital content you do not own it, you are using it until such time as you can't anymore.

Playstation Plus has been awesome to me, playing games I wouldn't have bought otherwise, I'm a gamestop bargain bin gamer, so it has been amazing to me to play semi-recent games, even if I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. Plus it gives you games for PSP, PS Vita and PS3 and soon the PS4 too...so if you are a sony gamer, it's a can't lose situation.

#52 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Xbox Marketplace has 360, xbox originals and XBLA game son it and soon to have One games.

This may be a much tougher battle and may come down to what exclusives titles each console gets

#53 Jeremy

Jeremy

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

As with any digital content you do not own it. Ebook, Vudu and the Sony Online Entertainment license say they are licensing you the right to play the game/read the book or movie and that at any time the publisher may revoke that right or it will end upon your or the services death. So no with any digital content you do not own it, you are using it until such time as you can't anymore.

Playstation Plus has been awesome to me, playing games I wouldn't have bought otherwise, I'm a gamestop bargain bin gamer, so it has been amazing to me to play semi-recent games, even if I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. Plus it gives you games for PSP, PS Vita and PS3 and soon the PS4 too...so if you are a sony gamer, it's a can't lose situation.

I think I'm sold. I hate the idea that I could be paying for something and have it ripped out of my control, though.

#54 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Sony expects to be able to immediately make up the loss it will incur when selling PlayStation 4 hardware, the company has said to Eurogamer.

Sony Japan executive Masayasu Ito said the loss, as Sony will sell the PlayStation 4 to customers for less than it costs to manufacture, will be recovered with typical users buying a subscription to PlayStation Plus and at least one launch title.

Eurogamer adds that Sony expects to make a $60 loss on each PlayStation 4 sold for $399, but It would not confirm the exact figure.
It also added that the losses Sony will make from selling PlayStation 4's will be less than the company incurred selling the PlayStation 3 at launch.

In August, Sony executive Andrew House said the PlayStation 4 "will not generate anything like the losses we did for the PlayStation 3."
One of the reasons Sony expects to save money is in its decision to use off-the-shelf computer parts. The PlayStation 4 features an APU developed with AMD, featuring an 8-core 64-bit processor and a custom Radeon GPU.

Source: http://uk.gamespot.c...re-loss-6414743

#55 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Playstation Plus really needs to take off then for them.

#56 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Playstation Plus will take off for them, it is REQUIRED FOR ONLINE GAMING, but not for Online Services. The problem is they are giving away Drive Club to PS+ users on Day One, so that may take away their one game and plus scheme for a lot of people.

#57 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

It’s not exactly a paltry list, but there are certainly no surprises here. It’s also worth keeping in mind that the PS4 won’t be able to play audio CDs or mp3s out of the box, although Sony’s Music Unlimited is a pricey alternative if you can’t live without your music fix.

Source: BGR

That sucks for those people that listen to their music while gaming...although I'm not sure Sony ever allowed that like Xbox does. It really is a bummer for those games that allow custom radio stations, and custom entrance themes, but that only applies to WWE.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users