Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....
KingOfMyWorld : (22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM) Doesn't Xenforo have a license higher than IPB? I think it did at one time.
Philip C. : (22 March 2018 - 01:16 PM) SrH would you consider changing from ipb to xenforo?
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) Why is there a d-bry gif when it doesn't work and just shows a yes smilie. <_<
KingOfMyWorld : (21 March 2018 - 02:49 PM) So... :yes2:
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:31 AM) (Sadly, I couldn't get to the ROH 16 show!)
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:28 AM) Sunday night I went to FSW The Mecca II... awesome card! https://www.facebook...50122191694376/ Notable: Raven and Tommy Dreamer vs Disco Inferno and Eli Drake (Shaun Ricker was an FSW guy for years before he was in TNA as Eli Drake), Rocky Romero and JUSHIN FUCKIN LIGER vs dudes. Moose again, Kenny King vs Scorpio Sky vs , Teddy Hart vs Joey Janella, oVe on the card... good, good stuff!
Jeremy : (14 March 2018 - 04:18 AM) Guys! I attended my first indy shows ever (2 in the last month)! Our local promotion FSW. In January the big names outside LV that were there: Alberto El Patron vs Moose (aired on TNA) Sami Callahan had a match, and Kenny King had a match (he's from LV and was originally in FSW years ago, is a regular still). https://www.facebook...75925916181875/
The Great SrH : (03 February 2018 - 11:50 PM) Haha yeah I couldn’t delete that one
Jeff : (03 February 2018 - 06:52 AM) I guess that's a bot but I can't figure out what the end game there is. Like what a cool bot.
Jeremy : (03 February 2018 - 05:22 AM) Couldn't help but notice the best thread in board history... still there #BabyMonkey
The Great SrH : (02 February 2018 - 11:28 PM) I’ve disabled registrations and deleted loads of stuff

Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 4 Mega Thread

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Sony are first to the market but will still be last in the war

#32 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

That'll really depend on if Microsoft goes through with some of their DRM ideas...they've been very hard hit by perceived piracy this gen and have had some really bad ideas on how to battle it in the next system such as always on internet and game codes. Should they go through with that, Sony would probably win...unless Sony blocks used games...

#33 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Everything is unlockable even DRM to some people.

They have started with one-use only codes for online so like me were me and my step son share games, only one of us can play online. Obv, they want us to have a copy each or buy a code for like £4.99

Don't they just use standard DVDs ATM?

#34 Trey

Trey

When Gotham Is Ashes Then You Have My Permission To Die

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

So I love the look of both Watch Dogs and Destiny, anyone else getting pumped for the next gen?

Posted Image

#35 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

I like the look of Watch Dogs and I'm a big Killzone fan so there's that to...I'm waiting to see more Destiny and would really like to see Square Enix go back to the old random battle system for the next FF games, I'm also hoping for a PS4 port of GTA V as well. I have one major concern that when we do make the jump either at the end of the year or next year, that all my purchases from the store will mean nothing. That's what Nintendo has done to their Wii and Wii U as well as the DS and DSi to 3DS store and that scares the crap out of me and my maybe no longer paying for store items and just using my plus membership at least while it's still good.

#36 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

I suppose it isn't PS3+1 it's PS4 so its a whole new concept so I'm expecting everything to be lost and they start from scratch with a new format. I'd be a shit shit though having to rebuy games on PS4 that you already paid for on PS3

#37 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

That would be like Apple coming back now that they support 1080p and informing me I have to pay for all my movies and tv shows again because of the bump in specs. That'd never fly, but to the general public they think who cares about gamers, they're all loners and potential serial killers that live in their parents basement. I think if I've paid for a retro game or ps3 game on the PS3 then I should be able to keep it as long as my account is in good standing if they are going to support the same stuff on the next console, which they have already announced they are....just not if we get to keep the ps3 content or not. Maybe I just see things in the wrong light on this though...

#38 Trey

Trey

When Gotham Is Ashes Then You Have My Permission To Die

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna be pissed if I have to rebuy those Final Fantasy games I already purchased for PS3. Not so pissed I won't buy a PS4, but I'll probably end up picking up a used PS3 just for that purpose.

Posted Image

#39 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

The question is are the developers gonna recode them to meet PS4 standards? Is there a chance some games now not be on the new PS Store.

I only used Home once or twice but it could do with a major overhaul

#40 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

Pricing at the end, it's $100 less than Xbox One in US and Europe, only about 70 pounds less in England.

Large black box, kinect style camera, if you didn't know better you'd swear it was the same box.

PS3's Media Unlimited service is coming, now with the "Live Events" tab, wich will show some PPV events with select partners. Also working to partner with Flixster to bring you more movies.

PS4 is about gaming at it's core, this is our passion and keeps you coming back.

Can't really understand the sony game dude...but he said they are coming out with new IP on the PS4...more likely for PS4 for a year and then for everyone if this gen has told us anything...

Knack will be a launch title along with a couple of others, Infamous: Second Son coming in 2014, I think he said Feb. 1, 2014.

The Dark Sorcerer will be live on stream at 1:00 tomorrow, I assume that is Pacific Date Time. A live Demo he called it...

Remake of original Odd World is coming to PS4 as well as new Odd World IP.

Diablo 3 will be on PS3 and PS4, PS3 version will have PS3 title exclusives from PS3 games past. More from Blizzard are coming to the PS4.

Square Enix has more news in the coming days about their next game, or some shit. It was a weird fading in and out video of the CEO of Square leading into a video trailer for something.

"A fantasy based on reality." according to the trailer...it's Final Fantasy versus XIII...then boom it says Final Fantasy XV...so whatever...

Kingdom Hearts 3... in development... and that's all we got...

PS4 owners get extra hour of play and exclusive outfit for Watchdogs.

PS4 gets first beta for ElderScrolls Online...2014 release...I think it said early 2014....

Sony dude says if that's all he's got I'm a little worried talking about game dude...that's a scary comment...

NO USED GAME RESTRICTIONS ON PS4....LARGE CHEERING....Sony dude says guess that's a good thing....PS3 system will continue on PS4...we are disc based games, NOT ONLINE ONLY, DO NOT NEED TO BE ONLINE...NO AUTHENTICATION NECESSARY....NO CHECK INS...won't stop working every 24 hours....

PS+ carries over to PS4...all benefits across all Playstation platforms...required for PS4 immersion stuff and multiplayer....but only multiplayer requires Plus, not other services like netflix...

The launch titles will be PS+ titles across first year of PS4...

PS4 is all about GAMES...

Bungie and Activision is Destiny...coming to PS4...

Mad Max a new video game for 2014...presumably a tie in to the new movie...it's been 35 years since the originals release...I guess it's a surprise it's a new movie not a reboot...or maybe it's a reboot...

3 hours in and we're still only seeing game trailers other than that no DRM and Online thing...Destiny has been on demo for like 15 minutes and it's very very Halo...at least to me...then again what do you expect from the team that made Halo...

A contract with Bungie and Activision to evolve and grow destiny over the coming years on PS4...

GaiKai will be used for PS4 and PS3 users to allow them to use their PS3 owned digital games in the cloud...Vita games coming too....the service will be console quality and smooth...console and handheld should be closer than ever before...and this technology helps with that....

PS4 will be available at $399 and Euros, and will be 349 Pound sterling...in US and Europe this holiday season...

True ownership and trust are essential to us and you, and we hope to earn that trust and we hope this gives you the best value and place to play...

#41 KCC

KCC

The All-Canadian Canadian

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

NO USED GAME RESTRICTIONS ON PS4....LARGE CHEERING....Sony dude says guess that's a good thing....PS3 system will continue on PS4...we are disc based games, NOT ONLINE ONLY, DO NOT NEED TO BE ONLINE...NO AUTHENTICATION NECESSARY....NO CHECK INS...won't stop working every 24 hours....

And with that, they win.

Posted Image

#42 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

Kingdom Hearts 3 is in development?

That means its already 5 years ahead of the schedule I had accepted. :panda:
Posted Image

#43 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

http://youtu.be/kWSIFh8ICaA

#44 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

The DRM policies for PS4 and Xbox One continue to come under scrutiny and sources tell Edge that publishers are likely to implement similar restrictions on both platforms, despite suggestions of the contrary from Sony earlier this week.

Sources have told Edge that Sony's announcements were a PR play and the decision to be DRM-free was made at the very last minute.
Furthermore, it's said that both Sony and Microsoft's stance on DRM has been changing continually over the last few months – Microsoft's being less strict than it once was – with final publishing agreements still at least another month away from being finalised. This suggests the situation could change again, be that good or bad for consumers.

Developers have told Edge that they need to protect revenues made on their products, with one source stating that seemingly strict DRM measures are needed in order for the console business to survive.

PS4 will launch this holiday season, with Xbox One coming in November.

You know just in case you were daft and didn't realize this was just announced to piss on Microsoft...I figured they'd do the same as MSFT...although it appears it's just their 1st party games they were vouching for at the conference, not 3rd parties.

#45 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Never used it. Don't know anybody who has used it. Don't know how it all works.

I know it's like $60/year, which could be awesome. So if you join, you get the games (http://us.playstatio...aystation-plus/) here and many games, themes, and avatars and such are considerably cheaper. If I let the subscription run out, the games that were entirely free to me will go away. Will the games I pay say $5 or something for go away, or do I own them at that point?

Curious. Interested.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users