Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Jeremy : (29 September 2018 - 11:29 PM) nd check in time to time. Unrelated... I went to ROH Death Before Dishonor last night. I should make a post (and I will at some point). Haven't watched ROH weekly TV ever, and I don't follow closely anything but New Japan and somewhat NXT. Had an outstanding time though!
Jeremy : (29 September 2018 - 11:28 PM) I agree Kingy... just weird. I still have this on my bookmark bar a
The Great SrH : (20 September 2018 - 08:50 PM) For some reason i still pay for it haha. I may have some time for a tidy up soon
KingOfMyWorld : (20 September 2018 - 07:24 AM) We fought the spambots for a while, they just became more and more numerous, it was like deleting their shit told them somebody was here to see their shit and they sent more bots...
Jeff : (19 September 2018 - 08:07 AM) It's possible but I never check in anymore becuase nothing's popping. The board itself would have to be cleaned up big time.
Philip C. : (04 September 2018 - 09:30 PM) Do you reckon we could get this place active again?
KingOfMyWorld : (19 August 2018 - 01:47 AM) The internet is just weird without these boards... Facebook and the like just aren't the same...
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:11 AM) How bout them Golden Knights indeed :) Be well yall!
Jeremy : (06 August 2018 - 05:10 AM) Guys hiiii
Jeff : (29 July 2018 - 03:11 AM) Howdy
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:51 PM) Spend most of my ever decreasing online time over at the F4W/Wrestling Observer board these days
KCC : (08 June 2018 - 10:49 PM) Hope yall are doing well <3
KingOfMyWorld : (01 June 2018 - 06:12 PM) So... how about them Golden Knights...
The Great SrH : (27 May 2018 - 05:52 PM) Hey...still checking in every now and again haha
Jeremy : (27 May 2018 - 03:10 PM) :hi:
Philip C. : (29 March 2018 - 10:07 PM) You can get an ipb skin too haha. Theres a cool trophy system included too
KingOfMyWorld : (29 March 2018 - 07:05 PM) https://xenforo.com/community/ It's a spinoff of Vbulletin
The Great SrH : (24 March 2018 - 06:53 PM) Yeah probably. Never seen Xenforo tho?
Philip C. : (23 March 2018 - 01:11 PM) I have a licence....
KingOfMyWorld : (22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM) Doesn't Xenforo have a license higher than IPB? I think it did at one time.

Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 4 Mega Thread

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Jeremy

Jeremy

Reeeeeebbbbbbeeeeelllllssss!!

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm still out on the PS4 at least until it's affordable. I know they haven't announced a price, but Sony tends to blow it when it comes to decent price points anyway.

Plus the only games that I would play would be Watch Dogs and GTA V, both of which are also coming out on PS3.

#17 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Kotaku reported a rumor price point at $429 and $529 depending on model type. I am more worried about another game price increase.

#18 Jeremy

Jeremy

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I am more worried about another game price increase.

Right.

Are new PS3 games still $60? Absolutely insane.

#19 Jeremy

Jeremy

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Also this:

On February 20, 2013 during the Future of Playstation conference the PS4 was officially announced. Eurogamer's Tom Bramwell met with Shuhei Yoshida after the conference and inquired if the PS4 would be able to play used games. Yoshida responded to the question: "Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers - they purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation."

#20 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I am more worried about another game price increase.

Right.

Are new PS3 games still $60? Absolutely insane.

Yup new games still cost $60 dollars, something that boggles the mind that they keep doing, look at Steam, everybody knows they are a success based only on their pricing.

#21 Trey

Trey

When Gotham Is Ashes Then You Have My Permission To Die

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Yeah, but people are obviously still buying new games at the $60 price. I still buy select games at that price, mostly because I know I'll eventually be trading it in and getting around $20 back in credit, so it's really only a $40 investment. If they make used games a thing of the past or eventually try to switch everything to digital, I expect a decrease in sales unless they drop the prices. Steam prices are fairly cheap, correct?

Posted Image

#22 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Steam you can pick up current games for 50% and more off on some weekends, every week is a sale of something and usually involves heavy discounts.

#23 Trey

Trey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

I thought so, and while I don't expect the price cuts to be that drastic I do expect there to be some once we lose the ability to buy used games for whatever reason.

Posted Image

#24 LMD

LMD

A-Lister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

One thing I really don't get about gaming that seems to be becoming a major focal point, is this giant push for social media.

"I just won an awesome game of Madden in 5 overtimes... LET'S SHARE THIS TO FACEBOOK!"

I can at least see some rationale in regards to other things I dislike about the gaming industry... But, come on. The vast majority of gamers [/i]really[/i] want to "share" their gaming exploits on Facebook for everyone to join in the "Celebration of a clutch victory?" I just, maybe I'm super out of touch and shit like that's cool now, but, I can't imagine too many people making their gaming decisions based on which system lets them share more.
Posted Image

#25 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

On every achievement on the 360, it says 'Press X to share this achievement on Facebook'

#26 Trey

Trey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

While that stuff does seem dumb, I think the ability to post a video from your game straight to a certain group of friends on Facebook (like instead of Close Friends, etc one could be Gamers) has the potential to be a pretty cool idea.

Posted Image

#27 Philip C.

Philip C.

Technician

• VIP Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

It took forever to sync trophies without being able to do anything else. How long will it take to upload a video?

#28 Trey

Trey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm assuming with the hardware upgrade they will also be having a major overhaul of the online system, so hopefully the have it figured out.

Posted Image

#29 KingOfMyWorld

KingOfMyWorld

The King of Kings

• Admin
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

They said updates and such will have their own chip to make it faster.

#30 Trey

Trey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Wait, what? They are going to have a chip in the PS4, but they aren't going to be using it at it's full potential until a year or two down the road when the updates use the chip to make it faster? I'm so confused.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users